About my blog.

Hey everybody it's Draven, I am a huge fan of cooking. My blog will be about cooking tips and techniques as well as my favorite recipes and dishes to serve. I hope that anyone who reads my page will find that it's useful in their cooking adventures. To learn about my new ideas and personal favorites check back every few days or so. I will be posting new recipes I have tried as well as tips to help your cooking "career" be a successful and enjoyable one. Feel free to leave comments about what could be changed to help benefit my blog. Thank you so much, Draven.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Grilled Salmon

It's Friday night and I just went out to the store to get something to cook up for dinner tonight. I found a beautiful piece of salmon that I couldn't resist. Here is my first recipe, its a really nice way to prepare salmon.

Ingredients:   vegetable oil spray
                    1/2 cup shopped shallots
                    1 tablespoon lemon-pepper
                    1 tablespoon chopped dill
                    1/4 cup drained capers
                    2 tablespoons butter
                    1  1 1/4- pound skinless center-cut salmon fillet


How to:  Preheat your oven to 425. Lay foil onto a baking sheet and spray the foil with your vegetable oil spray. Next mix your shallots, chopped dill and capers together in a small bowl. Place your salmon onto the foil and lightly season with lemon pepper. Spread your shallots mixture onto the salmon. Dot lightly with butter. Fold up the foil around your salmon and seal the edges. Now your going to bake your salmon for about 28 minutes or until the center is opaque.  After the baking is done put your salmon on a platter. I like to drizzle the juices from the foils over my salmon to give it extra flavor and a nicer, moist, texture. I like to cut up some fresh lemons and put them on the platter along with the salmon to give the dish a beautiful refreshing feel. 

 Let me know how you enjoy this recipe, I know I will. Until next time, 
                                                                                                                                  Draven

2 comments: